Last year, just before Mothers’ Day, we had already been advised to ‘stay home’, and it was only the day after that the first UK lockdown became official. Who could have imagined that we would be in national lockdown almost a year on for Mothers’ Day 2021!?
What can we do to say ‘I love you’ to mothers this Mothers’ Day?
We are limited by restrictions, but here are some ideas for ways to say ‘I love you’ to a special mother who is in your life right now:
- Grab a takeaway coffee from your local coffee shop, or a takeaway coffee of your own and meet mum on the beach or in the park*
- Treat her to an Owens Coffee gift subscription (great for a last-minute gift!)
- Set up a virtual quiz
- Enjoy a virtual coffee date
- Organise a big online family get-together in a group chat
- Create a playlist of mum’s favourite tunes or of songs which make you think of mum
- Go for walk together*
- Buy mum an Owens Gift Voucher and let her choose whatever she likes
*Please note lockdown rules – stay local, and only 2 people maximum to socialise outdoors
If you are local to The Roastery, we are open on Saturday 13th March from 10am to 4pm for any last minute gift purchases!
Many of us have missed being close to important family and friends this last 12 months, so this Mothers’ Day, here at Owens Coffee, we would like to send our thoughts to mothers of every kind, including those mothers with us and those sadly no longer with us, grandmothers (past, present and future), step-mothers, mothers-to-be, those who long to be mothers, mothers who have lost children, fur-baby mothers and to all of our Earth Mothers <3
Wish you a happy Mother’s Day.